Monday, March 30, 2015

Best of Me Book and Movie Comparison *SPOILER*


       "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks is a fantastic romance novel that out tears in my eyes. I heard great reviews of the movie but I figured I would read the book first, then watch the movie. After seeing the movie there were many differences and I knew I must do another book-movie comparison.
       Between the novel and movie, there were both similarities and differences. The differences are more noticeable, therefore I have decided a few differences I have noticed.  One of the major differences I have noticed was that in the novel, Dawson and Amanda first go there as teenagers because Tuck hurt his back and needed help to plant Clara's garden, In the movie, they did not know about the cabin until after Tuck had died.  I thought this was a big difference because they don't discover it for years later, in which the garden still lays.  How would have it been planted since tucks back was out? How did they never venture into it at all of their years spent there.  I think the novel is much more realistic then the movie on these terms.
       In the movie, many of the same dramatic moments occur, but the characters are changed. For example, in the novel Dawson is sent to jail for killing a doctor.  However, in the movie he is sent to jail because he killed his cousin Bobby Cole.  What mad it even worse was that Bobby Cole was not even in the book, he was just a new character in the movie.  Another part was also changed the same way.  One big part of the movie was when Dawson was killed, and between the novel and the movie they have two different Murderers! In the novel, it was his cousin. and in the movie it was his own father.  These two changes puzzled me because I wouldn't think that Nicholas Sparks would want to change who did what inside of the book.

Overall, the book and movie were both fantastic. There were some changes that did disappoint me, but they weren't to bad.  "The Best of Me" is an amazingly told story that is fantastic and just all around outstanding.  I hope that you enjoy the movie and book just as much as I did!

Rating for book and movie: 5 out of 5 stars.
*This was a 300 page book.*

No comments:

Post a Comment