Monday, March 30, 2015

The Truth About Truman by Dori Hillestad Butler




 One of my favorite things about "The Truth About Truman" is that it allowed you to see bullying from both sides, the bully, the victim, and the bystanders.  Lilly, the victim didn't even see it coming and it all started with a email that said "Dear Lilly... You're going down"  from a person named milkandhoney.  Throughout the story she goes through ups and downs trying to figure out who this mysterious person could be.  Also, a website to girls decided to create, thetruthabouttruman.com don't make it any better for Lilly.  They are constantly being worse to her along with the mysterious bully.  It becomes even worse when an old photo of Lilly is revealed from when she was very overweight.  Time goes on and it get worse and worse.
     
        It is a fascinating story that can teach you a lot about how you actions can affect other people around you.   It taught me many life lessons and made me change the way I act to make me a better person.  I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did and take away the same values to become a better person.
Book rating: 5 out of 5 stars
*This is a 200 page book*
My school had PARCC this month and with the stress from it, I decided to read a more relaxing book, "The Truth About Truman." I have always been interested by books about bullying because it makes me aware of what teenagers in out generation are capable of with a single website.



No comments:

Post a Comment